Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My First Cheesecake - sort of


The other night I decided to make a cheesecake. I got on allrecipies.com and started searching for the best cheesecake recipe I could find. I have never made one before and after reading about cheesecake making I was a little scared.

Everyone said you have to put it in a water bath and let it cool for 8 hours in the oven etc...AYE! YAY YAY!!!

Plus, I don't have a spring form pan and was planning on using a pre-made graham cracker crust instead. Well I forged ahead anyway and was quite surprised at how well it turned out and how easy it was.

I didn't do a water bath so I thought it would crack big time. But I found out the trick is to let it cool in the oven for a couple hours. I left mine in the oven while I was at a meeting - for about 3 hours.

I thought this was a pretty good recipe. Mine turned out a little chunky & brown on top. However, the flavor was great. Next time I think I will try a no-bake cheesecake.

Chantal's New York Cheesecake

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have a great no-bake Cheesecake recipe that is light and fluffy that I got from my grandma . . . I'll send it your direction soon!