Luscious Lemon, Basil and Crab Spaghetti
- 1 cup of crab meat (If you don't have access to fresh crab meat you can used a drained can of crab from the grocery store)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- large pinch of dried red pepper flakes (I threw this in at the end because of the 3 year old)
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- handful of dried spaghetti (or other kind of pasta)
- a large handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh Parmesan, grated
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes (if serving to kids omit red pepper), when fragrant, add the lemon zest and stir together.
Toss in the crab meat and give it all a good stir.
When all is hot, turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and stir through.
Add more olive oil if it’s looking a bit too dry.
When the spaghetti is done, drain it and add to the sauce.
Stir together, adding more oil or cooking water to loosen it as needed.
Add the basil, salt to taste, toss again and serve with a little fresh grated Parmesan.