This recipe is from a lady at church. I made it the other night with ground venison and it was delicious!
It is a pretty easy recipe but there are 3 major steps.
- First make the meatballs.
- Make the sauce.
- Combine both and cook together!
- 13 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3lbs ground meat (I always use venison)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Shape into balls and place on a foil lined cookie sheet
- Bake 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Sweet & Sour SauceIngredients:
- 1 and 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbls water mixed with 3 tbls corn starch
- In a medium pot dissolve sugar and water over medium heat.
- Add ketchup and vinegar and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Turn to medium low heat and stir in corn starch water mixture to thicken your sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- After sauce and meatballs are made, put meatballs in a casserole dish, add in whatever veggies you like. I added chopped carrots, purple onion, green onion and pineapple.
- Pour sauce over them and bake for 25 minutes.